Thursday, May 24, 2007

Altruistic?

A couple of weeks ago, on our way to work, suddenly my "fellow teacher" said:
"Take a look at Spiderman."


A motorcycle sped ahead of us. I took a look.

"What's all that fabric at the bottom of the legs? Could it be a female driver?"
The denim we saw was more than any bell-bottom jeans I had ever seen.

"You're right, looks like a woman on that motorbike."
She was fast, certainly too quick for my "draw," and by the time my camera was out and cocked, barely a speck in the distance.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It was scary, especially considering how quickly we were going, and there was no way we could catch up. Just a couple of months before, another motorcyclist sped past us, and a couple of miles later, we saw him down after an accident.

Neither of us are attracted to that mode of transportation, even if it may be less polluting than cars or buses.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speeding along on Rt. 60 on a motorcycle. Hmm- not one of the wisest decisions, in my mind.

I'm with you on the motorcycles. Call me practical and boring, but I like traveling in something along the lines of a mid-size car.

Batya said...

I agree.