Thursday, April 19, 2007

Strange weather, but...

...that's how it always is this time of the year.

The past few days has been very sandy and dusty. I was hoping a nice clean rain would come down to clean off the solar heating panels, which heat our water via sunshine. When they're too dusty, they don't work. By the end of the summer, they're always a mess, but at least we need to start the summer getting the maximum from them. They aren't cheap.

Last night when I was paying a shiva call in Givat Achiyah, just north east of Shiloh, suddenly I heard what sounded like rain, but it hadn't smelled like it was going to rain. So I thought it was just the wind, since it is a windy spot.

But when we went out, boy were we surprised. It was pouring, pouring hard. I was afraid that my hat would get ruined.

When I spoke to my daughter this morning, she was surprised. She hadn't noticed any rain in Ofra, which is just south of us. They usually have worse weather than we do.

Chazal, our Sages, say that it rains, the Heavens cry when a Tzaddik, a righteous person passes away. I guess it was crying for Yossi.

No comments: