Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Old fashioned fun!

The same fun I once had!

bubbles
Today I had to babysit for my granddaughters, and the plan was for me to keep them playing outside awhile.

I went shopping to try to find some sort of toy. A friend was with me; she's my age and also a grandmother. Suddenly we noticed something we played with, as did our own children...
...bubbles, yes those little containers of "soap" and the stick with a hole, a round circle. When you blow on the thin layer of soap, lots of bubbles fly all over.

My granddaughters had a very good time! And so did I!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

proves a point that those cheep old toys entertains the kiddies more then the 69.99 toys r us toys

may u see a bunch of yiddish nachas!!

Batya said...

Exactly!

socialworker/frustrated mom said...

Cute pic, definitely agree old fashion toys are the best.

Batya said...

It was great seeing how much fun they had. First I took them to the grocers to buy pasta for dinner. They each chose something else.

It doesn't need to cost real money when having fun.

Dan Balsamo said...

Aren't they just adorable! That's how simple it is for kids. The bubble maker is old school but sure does work to keep them preoccupied. Those things also some with non-sting soap content. Lego blocks works too! They can go for hour just building stuff. Stimulates their creativeness too.

Mel Balsamo
JRomances.com

Batya said...

Thanks
They had so much fun and ran around playing. Other kids even joined them for awhile.

That's what kids should be doing to grow healthy and strong.

Awesome Mom said...

My youngest son's first word was bubbles because they enjoy playing with them so much. I love blowing them even if there are no kids around, it is so relaxing.

Batya said...

and they're pretty, too

Anonymous said...

I confes, at a fifty-plus age, that I always have bubbles at hand, though no kids are in the house. Great stress reliever, and frequently attract a few neighborhood kids to share the fun. There is great pleasure in simple things.

Late visitor from the Carnival fo Family Life.

Batya said...

I'm a balloon lover. Great exercise hitting them around.