Monday, April 16, 2007

I've lost track

I've lost track of all the rides I've taken today.

First, early--at least for me, I went down the hill to meet some friends to pay a shiva (condolence) call in Jerusalem. No doubt our friend was surprised to see us so early in the day.

Then back home and then I had to go to work. It was my first day back, since I don't teach Wed., and last Thursday the boys had a special event, and yesterday I went to Yossi Shuker's funeral.

I went down to wait for a ride, to start the trip to Beit El. Nothing, right, nothing. I was getting nervous. I hate being late, and I only had to teach two lessons.

A friend who lives in Beit El joined the wait. Suddenly there was a ride in the wrong direction, but we decided to take it to the main junction. While there we heard how long everyone was waiting. Bad news. Then a car to Ofra came, and nobody but my friend and I were interested. We got off at the Ofra junction, and my friend insisted on waiting on the "outside." Smart girl she is, since immediately there was a ride to Beit El for us!

After work I waited a while to get a ride to Ofra, so I could babysit. After that I waited the longest time for a ride home. Finally I got a ride with someone who was traveling further; he dropped me off at the junction. Then from the main junction to the Shvut -Shiloh Juncion, and right after that a ride to my neighborhood, but not to the door.

Can't complain

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Makes for a more interesting day, I guess. Not too hard to see G-d's hand in it all, like your husband says.

Batya said...

yes, and there are more details about the shiva call in Shiloh Musings.