Monday, April 30, 2007

Best of Jblogging


I don't exactly know what's happening in JIB Awards, but I do know that Soccer Dad posted a very, k'neineh haraa, full 114th Havel Havelim! There are a lot of great posts to read, link and pass around. It's our very own alternative Jewish media, and we really should take advantage of the wealth of talent among us.

I do want to thank everyone for their nominations and votes. I did not come in dead last this time. Of course, I was also very far from the prize categories, finals, run-offs and all that. I didn't sticky-post reminders to vote for me nor write letters to everyone and every list begging for their votes.
The important thing is that maybe there are more people who will read my blogs, this and Shiloh Musings. And when I see comments, I visit their blogs, too.
And please remember that there are two other jblog carnivals, the bi-weekly jpix and the monthly Kosher Cooking Carnival. There also are a number of bloggers who post, what can be termed "mini-carnivals" linking posts from other bloggers. That's a good way of broadening our community.

Make thousands of free clipart images online without having to install any software (web based applications)! You can make banners, buttons, forum avatars, comic strips, logos, blog pics, safety signs, email sigs, personal flags, vanity license plates, warning labels, book covers, e-cards, celebrity deface, brand name parody/satire, controversial pix, etc. We supply the basic picture layout, you supply the funny text (famous quotes, slogans, jokes) to customize the captions! BUY as personalized gifts (fridge magnets, postcards, stickers).

7 comments:

Soccer Dad said...

I'm assuming that you read what I wrote in response to your husband's complaint.

Anonymous said...

It's strange how we get much more visitors then comments.

People ten to look read and stay silent.

Bloggers get inspired by comments, so please if you read, do comment, voice your opinion, say a compliment, or even criticize, but don't stay silent

Batya said...

sd, yes I did read it, and I appreciate and agree. The link did get around, but not as much as it should have. Prior to blogging the pictures I contacted a number of Jewish newspapers, and they all rejected the story.
Did you see my expose` about the "increase" to Disengagement victims? It should be publicized.

nuch, I agree and try to find something to say in the comments.

Anonymous said...

This post made me submit 2 articles to the next hevel havolim

Batya said...

Usually I automatically delete ads, but I'm curious if anyone has heard of them.
Please inform me, thanks.

Anonymous said...

I'd delete it as it has nothing to do with your posting. If your posting was about hosting images in some way, then I wouldn't delete it.

Batya said...

Well, it's deleted. Thanks