Wednesday, February 07, 2007

visiting via yahoo, since beta isn't cooperating!




Just a question.  Has anyone else had problems blogging via beta.  The error notice says:

ERROR

Must be at most 200 characters
 

I hope y'all are warmer than I am on this cold winter's night.

Strange how when the weathermen are all hyping snow, I don't see the signs here, and this week, I've been certain it'll snow, but I'm the only one saying so. I did see some snow and hail, but not enough to "stick" long.

When I went down to the grocers today, I shot a few pictures. It was weird. I literally saw steam coming out of the ground. The ground is warmer than the air. I hope you can see it in the picture. It made me think of the book I'm teaching to my 10th grade class, The Journey to the Centre of the Earth, by Jules Verne. As I stared at the steam, I wondered if Jules Verne had seen sites like that, since he envisions the inner earth to be very tropical.
And now onto visiting... the center of the blogworld!
We'll start with warm and cozy, the Carnival of Family Life! And to stay warm, let's visit Wendy in Hawaii and see pictures of her scuba diving lesson. Of course, Sarah is enjoying her winter escape from Australia to sunny California!
Something else: Kennewick Musing reminds us that "It can happen here!"
I'm glad to see that the Bagel Blogger is back in business!
tnspr569 writes about his first Shabbat in Binyamin. We're hoping he'll visit us soon.
Jew-ish blogs about her solutions to keeping kosher in the dorm.
The very talented, Neve Dekalim-raised, Shifra Shomron, guest-blogs her parody of Billy Joel's "Allentown," "Shantytown."
My husband points out more of the hypocrasy of Israel's anti-settler media.
Smooth writes about a new far-Left Anti-Israel lobby being set up in Washington.
On another note. I hadn't realized/heard the the Velveteen Rabbi had been ill. Refuah Shleimah and enjoy the knitting.
Chardal writes about the Yair Naveh controversy.
That's more than enough. Please send my regards when you drop by!

Expecting? Get great news right away with email Auto-Check.
Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.




TV dinner still cooling?
Check out "Tonight's Picks" on Yahoo! TV.

2 comments:

Smooth said...

Thanks for the link, I appreciate it.

Batya said...

My pleasure!