Sunday, February 18, 2007

Through rain, hail, thunder and lightening!

I guess going to work sometimes is like going through hell and high water.
When I opened the door today to leave for work, the rain and hail were pouring from the sky with such force, I almost forgot that the rain was a blessing from G-d.

Thank G-d and Canon Cameras, since you can actually see the rain falling in these pictures. There are times when 7.1 pixels aren't too many.

I must admit that I didn't walk out in that rain. I changed into my boots and packed extra shoes, and by then, even though it was a few minutes past my usual time to leave, I left, braving not only the rain and hail, but the accompanying thunder and lightening. Yes, I unplugged the computer including the phone line.

The storm, politely, took a break, long enough for me to walk down the hill. I waited for a ride and managed to get one of the bullet-proof school vans going to Ofra. From there I caught a ride to the T Junction to Beit El and from there a ride to Beit El, where I walked the rest of the way. The rain and hail were so strong at times, it seemed like a snow storm was about to start.

Then it stopped, and it was pretty dry once I finished work close to 6:30pm.

Now for another wet experience; the dishes await, and they're sure dirty!


No comments: