Tuesday, January 02, 2007

trying to upgrade

I've noticed for a long time that there are lots of bloggers who know how to "cross things out," as they write. I even copied something which showed up crossed out, but I couldn't remember how it looked in the html. So now, I will experiment.

I just put a comment on meryl yourish, and the comments there have all sorts of "clicks," which offer text "enhancers?," so I'm going to try something....

How's this? OK, it worked, but I don't know the shortcut. What I did was ctrl/b, then in html, I substituted "strike" for "strong." It's a bit convoluted, and I'd greatly appreciate the shortcut. hint! hint!


Another thing I haven't figured out is how to use all those "things" in my post titles, such as links, bold, etc. While I'm at it, I recently saw that another blogger had a colored background under words. I'd love to know how to do that, too.

I'm thanking you all in advance, certain that someone will be willing to help me, please!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't be of much help as It's been years since I used HTML seriously.
As for linking in the title I think it's the same as in the post.

Ezzie said...

You want to use $del$ and $del/$, without the spaces.

Ezzie said...

(Change the dollar signs to <> )

Ezzie said...

Oh, that should be /del. It's too early in the morning to be talking HTML. :)

Batya said...

thanks
I'll have to experiment

Soccer Dad said...

< s >< /s >
will also work in place of < strike >< /strike >

Batya said...

thanks
but there's no quick keyboard command?