Sunday, January 28, 2007

almost finishing the roof


building, originally uploaded by shilohmuse.

My kitchen window and merpeset (terrace) have the perfect bird's eye view of the house under construction, across the street.

It used to be our view of the Valley of Shiloh, the same one mentioned in the Bible. This was the season that the valley sometimes appeared to be a lake of clouds.

As much as I'll miss the old view, I've really enjoyed watching the house sprout up right in front of me. Soon the outside will be complete, and then all that will be left will be inside "finishing" and the garden. I'm sure my neighbor will be planting a garden. We never did much with ours. Unfortunately, the garden wasn't part of our "vision." Our neighbors suffer, because we ruin the beauty of the neighborhood.

ps This posting via flickr is one of the alternate posting methods I'm using since blogger isn't letting me post on "old blogger" this morning. I guess I'll have to "cave in."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job! :)

Batya said...

credit to my neighbors