Monday, December 11, 2006

Wow! I actually did something right!


Before I bought my digital camera, I tried investigating the pros and cons of those "new creatures" on the internet and by asking people. I just kept getting more and more confused.

My husband had bought one for himself, a "smallish" one, but whenever I used it, I just felt that "it didn't feel like a camera." The weight and balance weren't the same. Of course, it didn't help that our son had programmed it to bark like a dog whenever we pressed the button to take a picture.

I kept avoiding the grand decision and grander expenditure, but then my old film one became less and less reliable. I knew the time had come to take the plunge. There was also the question of whether I should buy it in one of those massive discount stores in New York, while visiting, or buy it here in Israel before leaving.
It seemed pretty obvious that I'd get it in New York, but then my sons' friend came by to visit us with his, which he had just bought in Jerusalem. I was told to try it out, which I did, and I liked the feel. I went to the same Jerusalem store and bought it. That was last July.

Now, imagine my surprise to discover, that my Canon powershot 620 is now considered the top-ranked digital camera!

Considering how quickly these things change, it's really amazing, since it has been on the market for quite a while. It seems like the more people use it the more they recommend it. Its only disadvantages are its size and weight, and that's because it holds 4 AA batteries. But those batteries give it lots of use without having to constantly change them. I'm talking of hundreds and hundreds of pictures 7.1 pixels on the same four. The only other thing I don't like is that I haven't had much luck on action shots.

Of course I need more practice.

No comments: