Sunday, December 31, 2006

Two weeks a year, or







Empty nests are hard to heat!

Yesterday as my friend and I were shivering by her heater,
we agreed that

we don't function in the cold and
we don't function in the heat
and that leaves us
about a week in between summer and winter and
another week in between winter and summer

So about two weeks a year we function. It seems like along with our "reading vision," our internal thermostat went kapoot!

My house never seemed so cold when the kids were living at home, and it doesn't seem this cold when they're visiting. And strangely it never got as hot in the summer as it does now, even empty, without lots of people.

My toes and fingers are all frozen, and yes it is worse when I'm fasting.

Well, I decided to make some of my famous soup. No recipe right now.

Let's see what some other bloggers are doing. I bet their dens/computer rooms are heated. Ours isn't.


Dry Bones has a "Golden Oldie" about hiding in a warm bed until the old year is over.

Wonderful news from Baleboosteh and family. They are home after Amber's surgery. Refuah Shleimah!

Robin has what to say about the Neturei Carta.

Kibud Av-Part 2 at Heichel Hanegina.

and lastly, since I can't take the cold in here:
Westbankmama writes about character and Saddam Hussein comparing him to other villains.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

shalom my friend...oy i know that cold...oy... a sweet and wonderful sylvester to you and yours...stay safe

Batya said...

thanks m'dear
brrrrr