Monday, December 11, 2006

Saying "thank you"

Sometimes we forget how pleasant it is to hear those words.

Yesterday morning I ran over to my neighbor's to hand over a couple of wedding gifts. The one I had bought wasn't in that overflowing box shown here, and I hadn't yet given their just previously married daughter hers. And obviously, I had a disk of pictures to give them of the wedding.

I took the path which wasn't in the "master plan" of the neighborhood. Our street is "rounded," and as soon as we knew we'd be building on this lot, my friend and I decided that we'd pave an internal path to shorten the distance between our houses. Because of this, there's now an entire section of the neighborhood which is easily and closely connected. It was planned and paid for by the various families living here and really does add to the true quality of life here. But I digress...

Perfect timing! Not only was my extremely busy friend actually home, but her daughter was visiting there, too, and I was able to her a wedding present, a few months late, but at least I knew that it wasn't getting lost in the shuffle of the hundreds given the night of the wedding.

Soon after I got home, the phone rang. She called to say "thank you" and tell me how much they love that artisan's work. As soon as we got off the phone, it rang again. The mother of the baby whose brit I had photographed called to tell me that she had just seen the pictures and wanted to thank me.

That was the perfect way to start the week!

And while mentioning thanks, I'd like to thank all of those involved in organizing, hosting and contributing to all the blog carnivals.

Here are some recent ones, the latest Havel Havelim and The Carnival of the Mundane. And of course I'd like to thank all of you who guest-host and contribute to the Kosher Cooking Carnival. If you see something that fits the bill on another blog, please send me that link, too. Either send to shilohmuse at gmail dot com or via blog carnival.

Have a wonderful week!

No comments: