Monday, November 13, 2006

Plenty to do



I have plenty to do. A couple of weeks ago, trekker planted a strawberry patch for me. The original strawberry plants were bought quite a number of years ago and thrived in a sunny spot on the other side of the house. We actually ate the strawberries grown there. They took a few years to really "take," but it was worth it.

As the spot got more crowded we gave "runners" to others and even planted a couple in a small pot which we put near the front door. One summer, when I was in the states, they dried out and died. Now the plants by the front door have multiplied, so trekker picked an easier to care for spot and planted seven. I have to take care of them. This may actually be the wrong season to plant them, but we still have the plants by the door.

While we're waiting for the delicious fruit which only grows in the summer, there's plenty of time for carnivals, blog carnivals of course. So let's start with Carnival of the Mundane, since gardening is rather mundane, wouldn't you say?

Then for something a little more profound, there's the "transplanted" BOMS. Yes, just like my new strawberry patch. I hope that they both thrive!

And "acharon, acharon chaviv, saving the best for last, is the 93rd Havel Havelim.

So, as you can see, there's plenty to do.

2 comments:

Holly Schwendiman said...

Boy I know what you mean about plenty to do! Now that the weather will allow me to be outside without blistering, I really need to get some garden spots pulled together! Thanks for the nudge!

Hugs,
Holly
Holly's Corner
Here via the Carnival of Family Life ;o)

Batya said...

Make sure you wear a big hat; I'm sure the sun is strong.