Saturday, June 17, 2006

Those hats

I only started crocheting hats barely a year ago, if that long. Today I tried to list for my friend every hat I've crocheted, and we counted at least 15. OK, at least half were for others, but still; I really don't need so many hats. That was one of the reasons I had given for not wanting to start crocheting them. I don't need, nor want dozens.

I have an idea. It would be a perfect "match" to be able to donate, nice comfy, crocheted hats to a cancer patient society. Maybe some of the patients would like my hats. I make them more for the pleasure of keeping my hands busy. Not all are because I want to wear them.

So, bli eyin haraa, this week I must contact some organization. If you know of any, please send me (via comments) contact information.

4 comments:

Wormie said...

Hello!

I've been crocheting for about a year and a half, and LOVE making hats. I live in Florida (even hotter and a lot more humid than Israel) so I never wear hats. I donate all of them. Adult and kids hats go to the Roswell Cancer Institute in New York, and baby and preemie hats go to the local childrens hospital.

There are lots of people who would really appreciate your hats!

Call the local hospital or cancer institute in your area. I'm sure they will be glad to accept them.

You can also search the web. There are many many charitable organizations in the US who organize craft donations. I'm sure there are many more around the world.

And if you want to make baby hats, the Neonatal units at hospitals always have needs.

Crafting for charity is a GREAT way to enjoy crocheting and help other people. I'm sure you'll love it as much as I!! :-)

Batya said...

Thanks for the encouragement! I will.

Rahel Jaskow said...

How about Zichron Menachem?

Batya said...

good idea
thanks