Sunday, June 04, 2006

Splash again!

I never thought I'd live so close to a swimming pool. It's only two minutes' walk from my house, and there are early morning hours for women four times a week. I couldn't ask for more, except maybe another two days, but one shouldn't be selfish.

I guess I was in a very minimal minority of maybe one or two in that I didn't mind the brisk water early in the morning. But now it doesn't really matter, since the pool is covered at night, so the warm water won't chill. OK, no problem, I can get used to it, easily, real easy.

When I arrived about 40 minutes after it had opened there were already a handful of swimmers, which is considered quite full for women's hours. But there was plenty of room for me, even if I should have gotten a size larger bathing suit. No big deal, I wear a shirt over it.

Summer season has arrived in Shiloh!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish there was Women's time at the gym and at the pool in the USA...every thing is co-ed and I hate it.

Batya said...

At the pool, there's ven "women's" hours when girls under 18 can't come. It's so much more comfortable for all.