Tuesday, April 18, 2006

I wonder...

David Ansen is one of the veteran, at least I remember seeing his movie reviews ever since we began getting the magazine, Newsweek writers. I've always wondered if he's one of the Ansen brothers of Bell Park Gardens, Bayside, NY. There was one, super-highly intelligent, in my class in PS 46 and I think also in JHS 74, for a number of years. There were three or four brothers, if I'm not mistaken. I have a vague memory that they once put a show on for the neighborhood kids.

I tried googling his name, but there was nothing personal about him. It's amazing how difficult it is to get information on famous people, while if you google my name you easily get oodles of stuff. There's the same phenomenon when googling Jon Avnet, the producer/director. He and his wife, Barbara Brody, were in my high school class. I know that they're married from a friend, but he's very discreet about his family life; no personal interviews or google would show them. No, they aren't from Bayside. I moved from there after the 7th grade. It's easy for me to be open, since nobody's interested.

No comments: