Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Back to the chametz


Chametz is the "forbidden food" over the Passover holiday. In order to be assured that we're not eating any, even in the most minuscule amounts, we use different dishes, pots, etc. It's a whole process, enjoyed and exploieted by the most obsessive in the tribe, but honestly, it's not all that horrible. It's fun to have special dishes, tablecloths, etc for one week a year.

And now the holiday has ended here in Israel; it continues another day in the rest of the Jewish world. Once it was night, with stars in the sky, my sons and I began the job of changing the kitchen back to its usual. They did a great job. Only one casualty, the glass part of my coffee maker. I presume it will be possible to replace it, since it's so easily breakable.

I'm tired. Good night.

No comments: