Sunday, October 16, 2005

Kosher carnival?

I've been submitting recipes to the Carnival of Recipes for the past few months. OK, not every week, but pretty often, but this week my recipe was rejected. Why? What's wrong with my kneidlach? I'll tell you.

The theme this week is pork, yes, the same food forbidden by both Judaism and Islam. Not very good for an international recipe carnival. I complained that it was in poor taste. Yes, punny but true.

That makes me wonder if there would be enough of a "market," interest in a kosher recipe carnival. I figure that a monthly one would be enough. Please let me know what you think. My recipes, mostly Jewish, have gotten lots of hits and interest from the search engines. And I wouldn't make it exclusively for Jewish recipes, anything that's kosher. It would also be good for those with restrictive diets.

If I get enough positive feedback, then make an official announcement, open a special email account and apply to conservative cat to be included in his service. So ask around.

After hosting Hevel Hevalim a number of times, I'm not daunted by the prospect.

Shavua Tov and Chag Sameach,

No comments: