Saturday, October 15, 2005

Identity?

When I began this blog, I thought that I'd keep my identity a secret, like some bloggers do. But I just couldn't. When I wasn't going to "reveal" anything, it seemed unnecessary, though, I don't know if my name actually appears anywhere. It does appear on Shiloh Musings.

For the past few days Arutz 7 has had an opinion piece by someone named Orit. There's a picture, supposedly of her, but it could be 15 years old or in disguise. She says that she lives in Tel Aviv and got to know Gush Katif and its residence when reporting for a paper.

Honestly, it really bothers me that she won't reveal her true identity. Does she live in a totalitarian racist neighborhood? All she reveals is that she's from Tel Aviv, but is she from Tel Aviv proper or one of the suburbs?

Many of us whose articles appear on Arutz 7 bare our souls, and we sign our names and show our pictures, more up-to-date than what appears on our passports.

Bottom line is: I feel sorry for her.

Shavua Tov

No comments: