Thursday, October 27, 2005

"hevel" wasting time

A few years ago, the first time I learned any Kohelet, Ecclesiastes, my rabbi/teacher/neighbor told us to look at the word hevel and see what other Hebrew words we could find. The aim was for us to see the word "bli," without. So "hevel" means nothingness, a waste.

And so, I've been wasting hours of time on the next edition of "Havel Havelim."

I have cooking and laundry and must get to Jerusalem for various errands, even just to force myself out of the house. I'm still in my bathrobe at the keyboard, two and a half hours after getting out of bed. Bad girl.

2 comments:

Esther said...

You might be bad but I can totally relate. :)

Batya said...

I can't believe the hours I've spent on this, and I was sure it would be quicker, since I'm so much more experienced at it.