Thursday, September 08, 2005

clear head, take a break

Let's just clear our heads from politics, Disengagement, floods, tragedies...

This week, along with going back to work after almost three full months of vacation, we have two weddings to go to. The first was on Sunday, and the second, tonight. They are very different couples and families, etc. That's part of the fun. You know, I hate getting bored.

Over the years I've given different things for gifts:
fancy
practical
checks

If I give a gift, I try to make it something that if they have it in duplicate or more, it's fine, or it can be exchanged. A couple of neighborhood kids asked for ironing boards. I hope that they like to iron, because I don't. I'd hate to think that they're thinking bad things about me as they iron.

For awhile I gave gorgeous ceramic bowls etc, until my husband insisted that it was an oxymoron. He hates ceramics.

Not long ago I was giving very good cooking pots, nice than one would get for oneself.

A few years ago we gave gift certificates. That way they had to buy something, but I didn't have to risk picking it out.

Recently, we've been giving checks, since the logistics of shopping have been too complicated.

Any suggestions?

No comments: