Friday, August 12, 2005

demonstrating

I've been to more demonstrations this week than for years. Until this week I've let my fingers do the walking to the keyboard. That way I can demonstrate my feelings and politics most easily and accurately.

But now I'm on vacation from my "day job" as high school English Teacher; journalism is my hobby, and blogging's the main medium.

Also, we're at a crucial, critical time in Jewish History, yes, Jewish not just Israeli, and we need to invest more of ourselves. And especially after my visit to the states, it's just not enough to be a cyber-protester. Not everyone's online.

So last Saturday night, after Shabbat, I joined the youngsters and took the bus to the Maasiyahu jail, for the weekly Melave Malka to show the anti-Disengagement prisoners that they're not alone. See the pictures, and read my musing about it.

Wednesday I was at both the women's prayer at Kotel Katan and the main gathering. And then last night I went to the enormous rally in Tel Aviv.

And now I have to demonstrate other skills and responsibilites. It's time to cook and clean for Shabbat, the Shabbat before Tisha B'Av. This year Tisha B'Av is Sunday, meaning that the holiness of Shabbat is affected. We begin the fast on Shabbat itself, which is definitely a sign that we are in Moshiach Times. G-d willing.

Shabbat Shalom U'Mivorach!

No comments: