Friday, August 26, 2005

The chocolate's not working

The chocolate's not working. Even after filling up on junk, I have no energy, desire to get anything done for Shabbat.

We've had a depressing couple of weeks here in Israel.

Now we have to pick up the pieces and rebuild our country, and we can't let the government and media think that they defeated us. Disengagement is an interesting euphemism. They couldn't have picked a better word. They trained (brainwashed) the soldiers to disengage from the innocent people they were forcibly evicting from their homes. They were instructed how not to look them in the eye and not to listen; they disengaged--tuned out.

The Government and media are disengaged from Jewish history and disengaged from our precious land.

Wonderful people are helping the refugees. My neighbor brought a careful of goodies this morning, and we all rushed to get cakes and challot out of the ovens on time.

Of course it will take lots more than homemade baked goods and other donated necessities to ... to what? We can't heal them. They were robbed, raped, evicted and for nothing.

In response the terrorists are murdering again, the most intimate type, the stabbing.

And it doesn't help anyone that I'm ranting on the keyboard, so I had better make my way back to the kitchen.

And thank G-d there's a kiddush on Shabbat in honor of the release from jail of some of our teenage neighbors.

shabbat Shalom

1 comment:

Esther said...

I can understand chocolate not working in this case. Horrible times, I'm sure. I'd find it hard to even get out of bed. You're doing that, so you're ahead in my book.