Monday, August 15, 2005

10th of Av, Menachem Av, Hashem Yerachem!

Yesterday was the 9th of the Jewish month of Av. It's the day we mourn the destruction of the Holy Temples and other tragedies that "coincidently" happened on the same date. Nothing's a coincidence, when G-d is chief Executive.

Even though the 9th is the day we fast, the most serious destruction was on the 10th, so the restrictions are still in force. The pool won't re-open until afternoon, and laundry can't be washed until then either.

And the music I listen to doesn't have musical instruments. I'm the type who must have music in the background to function well. The wrong music, and I'm in a bad mood, snappy and out of sorts. When I have the right music, I'm calm, energetic, happy, whatever is needed.

Luckily a couple of years ago a friend told me about the "a cappella" CD's. I have one in the CD player near the livingroom and den and another in my bedroom to help me fall asleep. If you've been looking for something to listen to, now's the time to buy them and have them ready. We're going through times when a cappella is most suitable, real quality singing.

These are the ones I have:
"HaMakelah" by Yochai Briskman, Gal-Paz
"Eli Gerstner & The Chevra Sing A Cappella," Gal-Paz

I presume that there are other disks, any suggestions?

No comments: