Wednesday, July 13, 2005

travel prep

Last night, before going to sleep, I showed my husband how to use the washing machine. It's a real easy, simple, cheap one. I bought it when my youngest went into the army, and the most important thing I needed was the possibility of doing a cold water pre-wash, extra long cycle. I figured that with two boys in the army, I needed a machine that could handle those army uniforms, get out the mud and in the case of my little one, machine oil from those tanks. Their dirt was so different that I couldn't wash their uniforms together, or the muddy one would smell like machine oil, and and oily one would get mud.

My previous machine was bought around the time my youngest was born, and then I was looking for a machine tough enough to wash diapers for two. I didn't skimp and bought an expensive one that lasted a good, clean, 18 years.

Now they're both out and in the states. One is guarding a Jewish camp, and the other is getting to know Manhattan as he delivers travel documents.

I can't wait to see them.

No comments: