Monday, May 30, 2005

A sign of the Moshiach?

Yesterday I had two experiences that amazed me. The Moshiach must getting closer.

First, on the bus, traveling to Jerusalem, suddenly I noticed that my new watch was about to fall off my wrist. I bought it at the end of Pesach, just a month ago. It didn't cost much, looks nice, large metal links as a band, nice and airy for the summer heat. A week later I had to bring it in, because it just "opened." One of the links broke. The owner of the store cheerfully fixed it. I thought that would be it, but just three weeks later, again.

With some trepidation I entered the store, and found the daughter alone in the shop. I put on my best smile and kindest voice. I showed her the watch and explained what happened. I asked if it was possible to get a new watchband. She said that it would be too complicated but offered me a new watch of the same value. We found one, and I walked out amazed and cheerful.

Then I went to the original aim of my trip to town. I had bought some cotton tops last week. When I was about to wear one, I discovered a hole. Now the store has very low prices but a charming owner. Keeping the smile on, I entered and told her the story. Not only did she exchange it, but she credited me with the full price, even though she had just lowered the price for those shirts. I bought a couple more in other colors.

A very pleasant morning.

2 comments:

Esther said...

Nice to know there's a place where customer service is still going strong. :)

Batya said...

improving