Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Back to Work

I'm a part-time high school teacher, and today my Passover vacation ends. I have to go back to work. It's not as though I haven't worked over vacation. A teacher's work is never done, but returning to the classroom and walking out with blue and yellow chalk all over my hands, clothes and face. Filling out attendence forms, trying to get more English into teenage male minds....

I'm always working. For instance, on the way to the Dead Sea, who should be traveling on the same buses, but one of my students, so of course I reminded him of the assignment he still needed to do. I'm sure he appreciated it. And last night, I had to watch "Serpico" to see if it was suitable to show my students. Unfortunately there's a naked woman being raped in one of the first scenes and later on a bathtub scene that's even worse. I do work hard.

Ok, back to the grind.

No comments: