Saturday, February 19, 2005

Shavua Tov, a good week

Nothing's new. We spent Shabbat in Ofra, since my daughter's in the middle of her 9th, and just in case...
Quiet, though.
We ended up eating at neighbors of theirs, who are friends of mine. The wife's one of my "pool friends." We see each other weekly at the pool in Neve Yaakov, and she also taught Nedavya when he was in jr high. One of their married daughters was there with her husband and son the same age as Hallelie. We had a wonderful time with them.
Shabbat morning, I got to shul early, and whom should I see there but a former neighbor, who now lives in Jerusalem. She has married kids in Ofra and she told me that the eldest son of one of them would be saying "An'im Zmirot" at the end of the dovening for the first time.
I found a seat that didn't seem taken, and I was amazed that more and more friends of mine, who live in Ofra, came to that area to sit. It was nice to see so many old friends. We were invited for Seudat Shlishit at another family. Everyone is looking forward to our visiting more.
Then when I heard the little boy, my friend's grandson, I told her that I would have guessed, because he sounds like his father did as a little boy.
And now we're home.

No comments: