Saturday, February 05, 2005

Jerusalem bloggers and some philosophy, too

Second Thoughts , who helped me get started blogging is calling Jerusalem bloggers . I don't know what the idea is, but...

I don't really have time for f2f, nor do I chat. I should make time for phone calls to people who don't email. And those who don't email, probably don't blog either. The world is getting more and more divided, so many types of haves and have nots.

There's the computer internet stuff, and the cell phones and the cell phones that do internet, and the digital cameras and pictures by mail. I remember a few years ago angily emailing one of my cousins who said that he'd send me pictures of his kids by email, and I wrote "but I want paper pictures that I can frame and hang on the wall!"

Now we have a digital camera, but only my youngest knows how to get the "pictures" out of the camera and onto the laptop that's too heavy for me to lift and then he knows, and only he knows how to put it on a disk and then we have to take the disk to this old one and get the pictures somehow on a letter and send it off.

Sometimes I just use the regular film camera and take prints to my neighbor, use her scanner and mail the pictures to me and then mail them out. email of course.

What a strange world we live in. Fact--there are kids, who will soon be adults, who don't know how to address a regular mail envelope. Mail is electric, sms or non-exisitent.

Sorry for spelling errors. I wish I could get this to put the red line like on "word." The spellcheck her eis so retarded. Blog is a miss-spell, and it has no memory, so you can't teach it anything.

Oh, and if you've read this far, I'm still looking for ideas on how to keep the "code" handy for linking. Besides having it as a word document and have it on a "window," is there anything else I can do? Don't say memorize it, please!

No comments: