Friday, February 25, 2005

gas

gas, the cooking kind
In Israel it's either "central" which I know nothing about, or in cannisters, called "baloans." Two (more if people are using it for large heating systems) are attached to the house/stove from the outside. One is open and the other full and waiting. When you need the new one, you close the empty, open the new and call the distribution company. Then, within 10 days, they're supposed to deliver. Our company, Amisragas comes from Ariel on Wednesdays. This time, three Wednesdays passed and no gas. First they said that the guy was new and couldn't do the entire route, then he couldn't find the house, then he claimed that he found it but no check, when there was one. I was promised that he'd come today. I got a call from him when I was at the grocers, and the guy tried to get out of coming, claiming that he had too much to do, and if I insisted then he'd come on Shabbat. I got angry.

Then a short while later I got another call that he was nearby and gave him directions. Then he came and was real obnoxious throwing the empty bag all over the place. So I called the Ariel office and complained. I told the nice woman there, that if this new guy wasn't fired, I'd look into changing companies, since I don't want him hanging around my house. Then I apologized for taking it out on her.

And now, I had better get back in the kitchen!

Shabbat Shalom

No comments: