Wednesday, February 23, 2005

2nd hand, gmachim

It's always good to give things away. Someone may really love what you've been hoarding, waiting for the day you'll need it.

My house is still overfull, but everyonce in a while I fill a bag, or two or three or four or more.... tra la la.... And either I send it to our local "miyad, liyad," "from hand to hand,' our local 2nd had store. Every once in a while I see something familiar on someone else, and it's a good feeling. Since I discovered that there's also a store in Ofra with a much higher turn-over, I bring things there, too. There's a also a 2nd hand store in Eli.

Actually, many communities have them. I have a friend who claims that it makes lots more sense for ther to bring what the family doesn't need to the 2nd hand shop and get "new" things from there when in need.

In Hebrew they're known as "gmachim."

No comments: