Monday, January 17, 2005

goose bumps

I don't know about you, but I get goose bumps when hearing certain things.

1-during Megilat (the Scroll of) Esther when we hear about customs established then that we do to this day
2-last Shabbat when reading the Maftir (last few lines of the Torah Portion of the Week) when G-d tells us to tell our children how he took us out of slavery, out of Egypt
3-when I read/think of the fact that Joshua arrived in Shiloh with 7 tribes, and 7 families re-established Shiloh as a Jewish city less than 30 years ago
4-when I first heard (and still think about it) the names of the five daughters of Tzlofchad in the Bible. They were "femnists." One of them was Milka, the name my great-grandfather gave his fifth, out of six, daughter.

Do you have any of those "special" moments?

No comments: