Saturday, December 25, 2004

too bad

wonderful shiur today
too bad
it was Shabbat
and I couldn't write anything down
now all that's left in my mind
are feelings
that something's caught
caged
and I can't find the keys
I can't remember
what was so wonderful
what had me so stimulated
with wonderful ideas

too bad
my memory's not
what it once was

there were things
about Yehuda
and Saul and David
and something about Shmuel

all those
important Biblical men

we were discussing
Shiloh
what's Shiloh in the line
in this week's parsha?
(according to an old JPS translation)
Bereishit, Genesis, 49, 10
"The sceptre shall not depart from Judah,
Nor the ruler's staff from between his feet,
as long as men come to Shiloh;
and unto him shall the obedience of the peoples be"

The talk went much further
and I had so many ideas
and I can't remember them.

No comments: