Sunday, October 16, 2016

A Coffee Secret Most Don't Know...

As I hinted in last night's blog post, Coffee Kapora..., there's a coffee making technique, the easiest that nobody or almost nobody knows. It makes even simple Cold Brew look complicated. For cold brew, you do need a bit of equipment, the French Press or some sort of filter. Though you don't need boiling water.

If you want some quick cold coffee, all you need is water and any instant coffee. I've done this here and in the states with all sorts of instant coffees.


You need more than that. Just add the instant to your water and stir a bit. I've been amazed at how quickly I have coffee. Then I add my sugar and milk. Yes, there are time when even a coffee snob like myself must be realistic and compromise.

When I need to drink some coffee in the morning, and this is all that is available, then I just make it and drink it very happily. As it is written in Pirkei Avot, Ethics of the Fathers:
Who is rich? One who is happy with what he has.
So, enjoy, and don't cry over spilled coffee...

No comments: