Friday, March 11, 2016

Eaks!!! It's Inventory Time!!!!

It's times like this time of the year when I'm very glad that I don't have large freezer, and I don't have an extra freezer, because keeping track of the (chametz-forbidden on Passover) food to finish before the Pesach Holiday is complicated enough for me with my limited storage here.



At some point very soon, I'm going to have to put on my heavy gloves and check what's hidden in the back. As you can see, there are pittot, rolls, prepared food and lots of stuff hidden in those plastic bags. I know there's chicken (raw and cooked) and beef and cakes and flour, too. There's also a big mess of course as you can much too easily see.

Considering the mess, it's very obvious that I don't need a second freezer. There was a time I had a small one, but then fridges and their freezer sections were smaller, too. And even then I had trouble efficiently filling it. I make a point of generally having the basics for Shabbat cooking in the freezer, so if I end up not being able to shop, I can still make the chicken and meat. That doesn't take up all that much space.

I freeze leftovers, since my meat/chicken cooking is only once a week, and we just keep eating Shabbat food until I cook for the next Shabbat. I'm not home every evening. There are weeks that I'm not home any evening. This upcoming week may be one of those. And since my husband and I do have to eat, I just cook in advance, which isn't all that hard. Remember that we have five kids, and there was a time when they (and various guests) lived here with us, and I did cook everyday for all.

Shabbat Shalom and Chodesh Tov everyone!!

No comments: