Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Breaking Rules for 52Frames!

This week's theme for 52Frames, that photography group I've been in for about two years, was "Breaking Rules." In art, it's quite often the unconventional, unexpected and superficially unacceptable according to the "rules" that ends up the most gorgeous and riveting. So this time they told us to throw all of the conventional wisdom away and just shoot something that breaks the rules.

At first I took a nice series of shots of the nighttime sky and view of Migron from Sha'ar Binyamin, purposely moving the camera to get swirls. Here are the two best after cropping:



I do like them, but I was convinced that "everyone" would take this easy way out. That's why I chose this shot of the pre-Succot  Arba Minim, Four Species Market, also taken in Sha'ar Binyamin. I shot the picture into the strong, pre-dusk sunlight, because I was attracted to the way that the sun lit up those green flags making them look like precious stones.

52Frames Week 39: Break the Rules
What do you think? Did I chose correctly?

2 comments:

Rickismom said...

I like the top one best.

Batya said...

Too bad I didn't ask you first.