Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Playing with my new Canon IXUS 145

Last week I celebrated the birth of my latest grandchild by getting myself a new camera to replace my disintegrating dinosaur the Canon 620. After checking out a few options I found myself in Photo Schwartz right in the center of Jerusalem.

I had been there the night before and this time made the decision and bought a bright red Canon IXUS 145. And then the fun began.

I used it to take last week's 52frames "silhouette" shot.


Aren't the color details amazing? My dirty window in the background actually looks like art.

I discovered that unlike the Canon 620 it remembers instructions, such as cancelling the flash. If I turn the flash off it doesn't go back on automatically the next time I turn on my camera.

The 8x optical zoom is powerful.


My night shooting wasn't as successful.




I had to lighten the photo.


I'm still trying to adjust to being without a viewfinder and the tiny size and weight of the camera. But this is just the beginning. More to come.

No comments: