Sunday, December 22, 2013

Snow/Blizzard Saga, Having Fun With Friends, Beer!

During my few days last week as a Blizzard of Tevet 5774, December 2013 DP, I decided to make the best of it.  Although I was having great fun with the grandkids and getting to work in Yafiz, Sha'ar Binyamin wasn't a problem, I did the chutzpadik thing and invited myself over to the Israel Brews and Views home.


The official reason was that I study in Matan early on Wednesdays and I wanted to be closer for easier traveling.  So I called them and told Mrs. Israel Brews and Views that I had a chutzpadik  question to ask.  Before I even asked it, she told me that I was invited to stay over.  Then I called Isramom and suggested that she and I have a grannies' night out for dinner at HaGov, The Lion's Den.  Bli neder, I'll review our fantastic meal there in a later post.

Doug and his wife were the perfect hosts, and suiting the occasion offered me a drink of a new beer called "Chutzpah."

our "selfie"
If I understood his explanation correctly, it's a raw beer, more like a fresh juice, which has a shelf-life of only two weeks.  That's why it's not all that commercially available. The owner of HaGov hadn't heard of it.  I must admit that I loved the flavor.  This is a special occasion beer to be bought and enjoyed immediately.

I've been following Doug's blog from the very, very beginning and each time he blogs about some beer I want to try it. He's in touch with many of the small boutique Israeli breweries and understands the beer production process.

That's why and how he had some various types of hops for us to sniff.

Considering that I had left my blacked out, snowed in blizzard home for a few days, I certainly made the best of it.

You can say that I made lemonade out of lemons, that tasted like great beer!

4 comments:

Doug Greener said...

Thank you, Mrs. me-ander. It was a pleasure having you as a guest. Chutzpah isn't a raw beer, but it's made with so much fresh hops that it loses its powerful flavor within 2-3 weeks. We're glad you enjoyed it. There's nothing like a good beer during a storm.
Doug & Trudy

Batya said...

I'm glad to have such good friends. Maybe next time I'll bring Winkie, though he doesn't drink beer.

Lorri M. said...

Loved reading this post! Cheers!

Batya said...

Lorri, the beer was better!