Friday, October 11, 2013

Never Dull is It? Remember Priorities, Please

A couple of weeks ago, I noticed a strange wetness near our front stairs aka the stoop.  I figured that there were leaks in the faucet and irrigation hose.  Well, I was right about a leak, but wrong about the location.  It took over a week until our plumber could come and, after checking out everything, discovered that the leak was in the main pipe bringing water to our house.  So we've had the water turned off most of the time recently as he can't work in the jungle-like mud and vegetation growing there.

 
The repairs aren't yet finished.  We've been using mostly disposables and cooking methods that require little dishwashing.  I'll blog more about it when, G-d willing it's all repaired.  And yes, it's not going to be cheap, but at least we'll no longer pay for "lost" water.

This is not a month we'll be saving money, since my regular readers know I've been to the dentist.

And then just to keep things interesting, yesterday at work, I felt something a bit "strange" with my distance glasses.  It seemed like a lens was "loose."  Within a few minutes it popped out, but Baruch Hashem it was in easy view right in front of me.  That's much better than the time a few years ago when a lens in my reading glasses somehow disappeared when I was shopping at Rami Levy.  That one was never found, but since the glasses had been only about six months old, and I had them in the shop a couple of weeks earlier for a different repair I didn't have to pay for a new lens.  So next week, before my dentist appointment, I'll have to go to downtown Jerusalem to the optician to have the glasses fixed.

If you're wondering why I sound pretty calm about these problems, inconveniences, expenses etc.  I must tell you that it's easy to put it all in perspective when following the bima Ima's saga on Superman Sam.  She has the right to rant; I don't.

Shabbat Shalom u'Mevorach
May you have a peaceful and blessed Shabbat

No comments: