Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Lots of Jewish Books Reviewed

A few months ago I discovered on Leora's Sketching Out that there's another Jewish blog carnival. This  one is dedicated to book reviews about Jewish books.  It took me awhile, but I finally hooked up with it and am included in the latest of their monthly editions on My Machberet.

I have another book already read, ready to review (actually it's sitting right here next to the computer, hint! hint!) and a few waiting to be read for review, but with work and all the Jewish holidays, I just haven't been able to find the time.

I highly suggest checking out this book review carnival.  You'll certainly get ideas about books to read, buy for yourself or as gifts. 

Nothing beats books, real ones, with pages IMHO, because they last forever.  And you can read them on Shabbat and Jewish Holidays.  I know that nowadays many people read from electric "devices," but I haven't gotten into that yet, if I ever will.  Never say never, because I may find myself getting one of those modern contraptions.  Whenever I schlepp my heavy bag, which doesn't even have all of the books I really need, to Matan for classes, I wish I had one of those handy things which will give me multiple books in a small package.

So, check out the books and share the review carnival.  Enjoy!
Never say never, for if you live long enough, chances are you will not be able to abide by its restrictions. Never is a long, undependable time, and life is too full of rich possibilities to have restrictions placed upon it. (credit)
Gloria Swanson
US actress (1899 - 1983)

2 comments:

Leora said...

I own an iPad, but I read on Shabbat, so it's real books for me. Problem is, I depend on the local library. At some point, people might give up "real" books! I hope not.

Reading on an iPad I find rather annoying, but it is convenient when traveling. You can take twenty books easily.

Glad you participated in the Jewish Book Carnival.

Batya said...

There will always be sources for real books.