Friday, January 25, 2013

From Afar

Right now I'm in Arizona and should really get some sleep.

Next morning...
It was a long trip, door to door, 25 hours from my home to the facility where my parents are.  That included a ride from a neighbor to the Rosh Ha'ayin train station, two trains, two planes, interspersed with an unpleasant foolish experience, and then a taxi ride.

Being it's my first time visiting AZ in the winter, I discovered that it does rain here.  Usually the weather is terribly hot.  Everyone had told me that it's warm, dry and pleasant here in the winter, but I had been warned by the internet search I did that it does rain, as many rain days as in Jerusalem.   When we landed I could see that it had been raining.  Surprise!

For Shabbat, I'm being hosted by a family in the Young Israel of Phoenix.  I  don't know them but will in a few hours. Thank G-d for the warm Jewish soul that exists all over the world.

Now I must get myself moving off this stool.

No comments: