Monday, December 17, 2012

And Now For The Rest of The Winter...

My husband took this of me
cooking up a storm.
Chanukah, the 8 day Jewish Holiday is over.  I had a busy time between traveling to Netivot, family and work.  And I ate much too much of the foods I usually am very good about avoiding.

So, post-Chanukah I must work on self-control.  One thing I've noticed since changing my way of eating, please don't call it a diet,  is that if I eat enough fresh fruit I'll be much less tempted by the white flour, white sugar type of forbidden foods.

Starving doesn't help!

I have to be prepared with permitted foods all of the time.  That's the key to keeping the 15 kilo I lost four years ago off forever.  I'd love to get more weight off, but I don't see how I can really make the right changes.  The low carbohydrate, but lots of fruit, regime I adopted keeps my wight stable, and I usually have very little trouble sticking to it. 

It's better to be stable a bit overweight than to yoyo up and down fighting your body and life-style.

Good luck!

2 comments:

rutimizrachi said...

Nice and straightforward. The main thing, in the sea of everybody-knows-best recommendations, is to find what works for you. You've done that, and you look mahvelous! Keep it up. I'm in your self-control and willpower fan club.

Batya said...

Thanks, Ruti, but my self control is on vacation.