Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Good News, Bad News: Winter's Here; I'm Cold

That's 100% right, it is good news, wonderful news and I'm really grateful to G-d Almighty that he is blessing us with cold wet weather.  But,  yes that "but," I'm cold!  I need my goves on, and my feet need not only socks at night.  I filled a hot water bottle to join me under the "puch," down blanket, by my feet.

For decades already I've had trouble with extra sensitive toes and fingers.  Sorry  for kvetching.

We need the rain, and in our part of the world we need the cold for agriculture.  My grapes won't grow without a period of cold.

I just need the right "equipment."  I need gloves, very warm socks and the right shoes with insulating soles.

Winter, like summer, is just temporary.  The seasons, and here we have two connected by very short transitions, are like the cycles of the moon.  The moon never looks the same two nights in a row, and after it can't be seen, it gradually returns until it's full.  And then it gets smaller again.

This is the last night of Chanukah.

Chag Urim Sameach
May you have an enlightened Holiday

No comments: