Monday, March 16, 2009

Starting Something New

A few years ago, I took a "Coaching Course" to be a "Life Coach." I really enjoyed the course and got a certificate for my time spent there. And I did feel that I learned what it was all about. Of course working in the field is something else.

At that time, Coaching was unknown is Israel, and I was busy with EFL English teaching. But now I'm unemployed.

I'm also dieting according to Start Fresh. I decided to start an informal, unofficial diet support group. I have lots of neighbors on diets, which they got from all sorts of sources. Some are simple weight loss and others for diabetes and other conditions. Most of the diets are basically the same, except for those with certain medical problems.

The one thing we all have in common is that we feel the need for "support." So I decided to dust off that Coaching Certification and make a diet support group.

I have to get the house ready. People are coming. So far no money's involved. I consider this an experiment prior to hanging out my shingle as Coach.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

To start - take advantage of the Start Fresh Community - you don't have to be part of the community to be part of the community!

Batya said...

Lea, neither of these neighbors go on computers. The funny thing was that I was reading from my English notes and speaking Hebrew. One neighbor was jotting notes in Hebrew and the other in Russian.
I don't take any money. We're just helping each other.