Wednesday, January 10, 2007

sleeping when you can't sleep


Last night was one of those when sleep just didn't come on schedule. It's not like I suffer from insomnia, since, bli eyin haraa, it's a rare problem for me.

There are all sorts of tricks to try to fall asleep, but my most successful is to drag my blanket to the living room and get on the couch. Even when we had an awful one, I always slept better on it than in my own bed. So, after blogging, that's what I did last night. The big problem now is that I'm starting my day on insufficient sleep.

I'll just have to survive it. At least I woke up on time. That means I can go to the pool. Baruch Hashem!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not falling asleep is so annoying.
Reading a little might help, a glass of warm milk etc..
The couch thing is an idea too..
Can't you find half na hour for a short nap to catch up?

Batya said...

thank you and thank you and thank you
I hope to sleep tonight, G-d willing.
After a certain age reading oneself to sleep can prove expensive, like in broken reading glasses.
Wow! me? nominated?
who's going to vote for me?

Batya said...

I thought there was a category for everyone. Bli neder, I'll look when I have a chance, just no time today.