Monday, January 01, 2007

Give me a recipe for those bagels!

I used to work in a bagel place, Beit HaBagel, The Bagel House of Jerusalem. We made real, boiled-first-then baked bagels. They tasted like my memories of bagels from New York.

The latest Carnival of the Recipes is very festive and there are lots of recipes to try, even if you're kosher, but no bagels, of course. I guess it's one of those things better to buy than to make at home.

Now why do I have bagels on my mind? I'll tell you. The one and only Bagel Blogger has hosted the 100th Havel Havelim, and it's as good as those pumpernickel bagels I'm dreaming of. OK, even better--no calories!

So I suggested you try some, it's a jumbo, the biggest bagel--oops! the biggest Havel Havelim, I'm sure!

Not only are there posts from the previous week, but there are some golden oldies, too.

Between those two carnivals, there's plenty to nosh on, food for thought, nu?!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beth? What's doing? This is Leah (Mandel) Lipszyc -- in Crimea now.
Drop me a line? chossid@gmail.com

Batya said...

I'll write right now!