Friday, December 23, 2005

so proud of myself

Yes, I'm very proud of myself.

Last night I didn't turn on the computer. I've been wasting much too much time recently, to put it mildly. After I had an early dinner, I turned it off and went down the hill to a "bazaar" a neighbor was hosting. That's when a store or clothing manufacturer brings stock to someone's house for our shopping convenience. Since the host is always well-dressed, I went down to see if I could find "just the right outfit" for the Ben Zakkai Dinner. But the clothes on sale were junky, everyday for kids. Not at all my style. I'll probably end up wearing one of my velvet jackets, which I got last year. Don't worry, my closet isn't empty.

Then when I got home, instead of turning on the computer, I watched more of the "behind the scenes of Seabiscuit" on the dvd. And I finished the crocheting of the plum and white hat. I still have to thread the ribbons through it. Then I went to another neighbor who had nudged me to go to her house to hear a talk from someone about "Chinese medicine." I was very upset to discover that it was about Sunrider, one of those pyramid selling schemes. But armed with another hat to crochet, I stayed and acted as polite and charming as I could, under the circumstances. So few of us showed up to listen, that I didn't have the heart to leave in the middle. I got a lot of crocheting done. None of us bought anything; though I told them that after I finish my latest bottle of B-12, I'd be willing to buy theirs.

And when I got home I was a good girl and didn't turn on the computer. So I really am very proud of myself.

ps One Shabbat meal is settled, and I have to see what to do about the other, or I'll just eat home by myself.
Now I must get dressed, doven, eat and down to the stores to stock up for Shabbat and the week.

No comments: