Tuesday, June 07, 2005

changes

I've made some changes.

First of all, I'm trying to use my time better, sort of out of the box thinking. Just because I've never done something before doesn't mean it shouldn't be done. This summer, I'm not taking membership in the pool. I'll just buy the "cards," twelve for the price of ten entrances to the pool. I'm not planning on being here all summer. I'm going to visit my parents, even though they're also coming here tomorrow! But there are things that I can only help them with if I visit. And to make things even more challenging, I'm going to fly back with Nefesh B'Nefesh--as a journalist, so among other things, I'm looking for paying commissions for articles about the new immigrants to Israel and my usual personal articles.

Since I won't have "membership" in our local pool, I won't be restricted, and I bought a "card" for the one in Ofra, which has different days/hours for women. It's just down the street from my daughter, and I was there yesterday. A lot of my friends from the Neve Yaakov pool were there. Now I'll be able to swim, ok splash and exercise, every morning if I wish. Ofra is only 15 minutes from Shiloh.

And lastly, at least for now, I changed/edited my membership in a few email lists. Now I'll only get "special notices" rather than emails or digests. G-d willing this will give me another few minutes each day. I truly enjoyed being on the lists and the people I met by reading the posts, but I'm trying to cut down, or at least refocus.

Any other ideas?

2 comments:

Risa Tzohar said...

Good luck! I'll be checking in here to see what you're up to.
Love,

Batya said...

One thing is to waste less time. That's the hardest.

But I'm usually surprised at what I end up doing.